My name is Carrie and I am living in India serving at Sarah's Covenant Homes, an orphanage for abandoned children with physical and developmental disabilities. I am a foster mama to twelve beautiful girls with special needs. They bring me incredible amounts of joy! I feel so blessed that God has called me to live this life.

*The children's blog names (not their real names) are used online to protect their privacy.

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." John 14:18


Monday, September 15, 2014

Life from Paula's Eyes

Hi my name is Paula!


I am thirteen years old. My favorite thing to do is laugh, especially when other people aren't happy. I like when people are happy.

I have cerebral palsy.

I spent the first twelve years of my life crawling around. I got a wheelchair a few months ago. The wheelchair is great for going on walks down the street. I really like racing my sisters on their bikes. But I don't really see why I have to stay in my wheelchair at home. Crawling is so much easier. My moms say it's because I can get around easier. Apparently people like me are happier in wheelchairs. Well they must be crazy because it just seems like a lot of hard work to me. 

I have lived at SCH for a long time. For a bunch of years I didn't have a foster mom. Then I got one about a year ago. Since then I've had a few different ones. I've lived with a whole bunch of different girls, but I really like the sisters I have now. Carrie and Abby are my foster moms now. They're ok I guess. I really like to laugh and sing with them, but I can't stand when they tell me what to do! I am thirteen years old. They just don't get me. They are too old I guess.


I have eleven sisters now. I really like being a big sister to Chelsea, Heidi, Angel, and Jackie. Some of my other sisters annoy me, but mostly I like being one of the oldest. Phoebe moved in a few weeks ago and I have a lot of fun with her. 

I really like to dance! Except when too many people start looking I get embarrassed. What if they think I'm a bad dancer? Usually I just laugh at myself so everyone knows it's a joke. I like when we're all on the same page about these sorts of things. 


I have to do this thing called physical therapy all the time. It's pretty much the worst thing on the face of the earth. This lady named Ruth comes and stretches out my legs then makes me crawl up the stairs and stand up by myself. It's not a lick of fun until I start singing my ABCs. Then I have a pretty good time. 

I love getting dressed up in new clothes! Carrie bought me a new half sari for my birthday. I felt like a movie star in that thing! Really I just love any cute clothes. A girl's gotta look good, am I right?


My moms keep saying I'm a total teenager these days. I don't really know what that means. They're weirdos sometimes.

Singing is pretty much my favorite thing to do. I love to sing every single song I know all in a row. That usually means I sing my ABCs, Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and three of my favorite Telugu songs. Sometimes my sisters tell me to stop, but singing makes me happy so I keep on anyway.

I share a bedroom with Victoria, Phoebe, and Stephanie. We love it because we stay up way later than all the little girls. Even after Carrie and Abby put us to bed we will stay up for almost an hour talking and laughing!

I love Jesus a whole lot. I've learned a lot about prayer recently and it's a pretty cool thing. Did you know Jesus actually listens to you and answers your prayers? That's pretty cool if you ask me.

I overhear a lot of people talking about me. They always say the same thing. I'm really joyful. And I guess that's true. I like to laugh a lot. Mostly I just like to make sure everyone is happy. When I see someone who isn't happy I try to cheer them up. Being sad just stinks, I'll tell ya that much.


I really do love everyone. People are always so nice and I just love when people are nice to each other.

I love being a big sister, and I love my foster moms even when they are weird. 

I think I'd probably love you too. I like when Carrie and Abby let me Skype people. Maybe you can ask them to Skype so I can meet you! I'd really like that. 

That's about it for now. I'll talk to you later. 

Duces,
Paula

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you consider sponsoring Paula? She needs sponsors to cover her daily needs such as food, water, rent, transportation, and medicine. You can sponsor her by clicking this link!



No comments:

Post a Comment